Master of Your Domain
A live (virtual for now) 1-to-1 working session which lasts about 2 hours
Allow me to personally walk you through: (1) getting a domain name from the top valued registrar, (2) signing up for insanely fast cloud hosting, and (3) setting up a WordPress site in a way that is supremely flexible and keeps the control in your hands. The most productive 120 minutes you’ll ever experience.
This individual training class is offered by industry veteran Billy Tarter. Oh hey that’s me! Honestly though, if you’re interested please sign up below. I would really encourage you to benefit from my experience and expertise, and my strong desire to help new entrepreneurs. Also I’m super friendly and easygoing, so there’s that.
In this class you WILL:
- Register a domain name, and set up the technical details
- Sign up for web hosting, and set up the technical details
- Install a WordPress site on your new hosting account, and make some initial updates
- Receive two hours of my condensed knowledge and expertise, saving you from having to do many weeks of research and trial & error to find the right hosting company
- Get it done the right way, and keep control in your hands
In this class you WILL NOT:
- Learn to code HTML, that would take a lot more than two hours and it’s not necessary anyway
- Learn to design websites, because WordPress themes will handle all this for you
- Create a heavily-customized website, that’s not possible in two hours but I’ll give you the foundation and tools to get started
- Be subjected to a surprise sales pitch, I hate that as much as you do — no upsells, no offers, none of that BS
What you WILL HAVE after the class:
- Your own domain name
- Your own hosting account
- Your own functional website at yourdomain.com (a simple one, and I’ll show you how to update the way it looks and what it does)
- email address
- My Personal Promise — if somehow you don’t achieve these things during the class itself, I’ll work with you afterward free-of-charge to get it done.
- Private Facebook Group — Ongoing access to yours truly and all other Masters, in a free support community that is only for people who’ve attended the class. It’s a great place to learn from others and get ideas, tips, solutions. Ask for help – I’m very active and responsive in this group.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need to be very tech savvy to take this class?
You need to be able to check your email, browse the Web using multiple tabs, sign up for new accounts at websites, and make purchases online. As long as you can do those things, you should be fine. I’ll be gentle!
Virtual classes during COVID: These will be conducted using Google Meet video chat. A webcam is recommended but not required. Dual monitors are helpful.
I already have a domain name, should I still sign up?
That’s fine! Yes, please sign up if you don’t have a host yet. Many attendees already have a domain name they’ve purchased previously. I’ll show you how to point your domain to the new hosting account you’ll sign up for during the class.
What if I already have a web hosting account and/or an existing website?
If you already have a web hosting account and you are ready for a much better one, then please sign up for the class and I’ll walk you through the sign up process. I can show you how to migrate your website to the new web host.
What additional COST is involved?
The domain name will cost you about $9, and it will include domain privacy for free. Insanely-fast cloud hosting will cost you about $11/mo, but if you’re a beginner then shared hosting will cost you about $5/mo.
What if I already have a web hosting account and I don’t want to sign up for a new one?
In that case I don’t think you’d get much from this class. But if you change your mind about migrating to a new & better host, then go ahead and sign up.
I really want to sign up for XYZ Web Host instead. Should I still sign up for the class?
If your heart is set on signing up for one particular host and it’s not listed on my Recommended Resources page, then I’m not sure if this is the class for you. I’m happy to walk you through signing up for any host actually, but my experience has led me to value some very specific criteria. I’m confident in my picks, and my hope is that you’ll lean on that experience and choose the hosts that I recommend.
I’ve already got a domain, host, and website. Will this class help me improve & modify my website?
That’s not really what this class is about. It’s really more about getting started. Please see the “In this class you WILL” section above.
I still have more questions. Who can I contact?
You’re always welcome to contact me directly at if you like, and I’d be happy to answer any of your questions. Don’t forget My Personal Promise mentioned above.
Don’t overthink it too much — if you want to get started with a domain and/or web hosting and website, and you’ve read the information above and it seems like I could help you out, then I probably can. Go ahead and sign up for the class. I’ll give you a refund, if you think it’s a waste of your time. Seriously.