Master of Your Domain
A live, in-person (virtual for now) working session which lasts about 2 hours.
In this class, I will personally walk you through how to get a domain name from the best registrar, how to sign up at the best hosting platform, and how to install WordPress in a way that is supremely flexible and keeps the control in your hands.
Class sizes are intentionally kept small, so that I can help everyone, and it’s led by industry veteran Billy Tarter (oh hey that’s me). Sign up below, this is a rare opportunity and space is limited!
In this class you WILL:
- Register a domain name, and set up the technical details
- Sign up for web hosting, and set up the technical details
- Install a WordPress site on your new hosting account, and make some initial updates
- Receive two hours of my condensed knowledge and expertise, saving you many weeks of research and headaches
- Get it done the right way, and keep control in your hands
In this class you WILL NOT:
- Learn to code HTML, that would take a lot more than two hours and it’s not necessary anyway
- Learn to design websites, because WordPress themes will handle all this for you
- Create a heavily-customized website, that’s not possible in two hours but I’ll give you the foundation and tools to get started
- Be subjected to a surprise sales pitch, I hate that as much as you do. No upsells, no offers, none of that. Just awesome results.
What you WILL HAVE after the class:
- Your own domain name
- Your own hosting account
- Your own functional website (a simple one, and I’ll show you how to update the way it looks and what it does)
- email address
- My Personal Promise — if somehow you don’t achieve these things during the class itself, I’ll work with you afterward free-of-charge to get it done.
- Private Facebook Group — Ongoing access to yours truly and all other Masters, in a free support community that is only for people who’ve attended the class. It’s a great place to learn from others and get ideas, tips, solutions. I’m very active and responsive in this group.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do I need to be very tech savvy to take this class?
You need to be able to check your email, browse the Web using multiple tabs, sign up for new accounts at websites, and make purchases online. As long as you can do those things, you should be fine. I’ll be gentle!
Virtual classes during COVID: These will be conducted using Google Meet video chat. A webcam is not required. Dual monitors are helpful. Some people like to view the class video chat on their phones, while using their computer to do the actual work.
I already have a domain name, should I still sign up?
That’s fine! Yes, please sign up if you don’t have a host yet. Many attendees already have a domain name they’ve purchased previously. I’ll show you how to point your domain to the new hosting account you’ll sign up for during the class.
What if I already have a web hosting account and/or an existing website?
If you already have a web hosting account and you are ready for a better one, then please sign up for the class and I’ll walk you through the sign up process. I can show you how to migrate your website to the new web host.
What additional COST is involved?
During the class, you’ll be purchasing a domain for about $9 which includes free domain privacy. You’ll also purchase top-quality web hosting for a year for about $48. That’s it!
What if I already have a web hosting account and I don’t want to sign up for a new one?
In that case I don’t think you’d get much from this class. But if you change your mind about migrating to a new & better host, then go ahead and sign up.
I really want to sign up for XYZ Web Host instead. Should I still sign up for the class?
No, if you’re dead set on signing up for one particular host and it’s not the one listed on my Recommended Resources page, then this probably isn’t the class for you. Let me know if you change your mind after trying out your preferred host (I think you will).
I’ve already got a domain, host, and website. Will this class help me improve & modify my website?
That’s not really what this class is about. It’s really more about getting started. Please see “In this class you WILL” section above.
I still have more questions. Who can I contact?
Don’t overthink it too much — if you want to get started with a domain and/or web hosting and website, and you’ve read the information above and it seems like I could help you out, then I probably can! Go ahead and sign up for the class.